Today I begin my new job. Yesterday was my last day at work at the shop and today I begin on the long list of things to get done before Evangeline arrives.
I feel a little strange not getting ready to go into the shop and know I will miss my co-workers, but I am so excited about finally being able to get started on my "nest building" that I'm sure the day will fly by.
Henrik and the rats are a little worried about what me being home means to them. Both are looking a little warily at me as I make my lists of things to throw out. Henrik has made me promise not to throw anything out without consulting him first.... he wants "right of inspection" of the black bags I plan to line up for disposal. I have grudgingly agreed to this even though I'd rather just chuck things without having to go through everything twice, but I guess it does make sense to have a plan to prevent me from going a little crazy in my enthusiasm.
Today I tackle the kitchen, washing and bathrooms, I also hope to make a start on the bedroom, but I fear all that needs to be done there will take a day of its own.
I have my last visit with the Prof (my specialist psychiatrist) before Evangeline's birth this morning, so my day will be broken into two halves. I am confident she will be pleased with how I am coping as I have had a good run of mood stability during this pregnancy so far. Henrik is coming along so that she can give him information about things to watch out for after the birth. Apparently it is not uncommon for bipolar mothers to have bad episodes of depression following the birth of their babies. For that reason I will have to go and see the Prof within two weeks of Evangeline's arrival.
Apparently the statistics for hospitalisation during pregnancy of bipolar women is very low, it seems that something in the pregnancy often helps with mood stability, but the statistics for hospitalisation for an episode following the birth is very high.
I will in all probability have to remain off my Lithium after the birth as I want to breastfeed and Lithium is passed into the breast milk, so far I have been fine without the Lithium and I am praying I continue to do well.
1 comment:
Well done. I look forward to many more postings during your "nesting" period. A few pictures would also be appreciated.
Post a Comment