Sunday, 9 March 2008

Rachel's first Birthday Party


Yesterday was a very special day in our family. Rachel had her very first birthday party and all her Mum and Dad's friends and their children were invited to come and spend the day with her.
What excitement. I had the task of getting Aunty Bee to the party. Henrik and I picked her up in the BMW which caused a bit of confusion as she was waiting for the gold car and so didn't recognise us when we arrived.
We arrived at the house just in time, before everyone else so we had no problems finding parking. It will be so good when the driveway is built as then there will be more parking for when people go to visit them.
There were so many little people running around. Bradley's sister and sister in law were busy at work sticking little pictures onto the cups and preparing the cutlery for the lunch, while the men were hard at work braaing the sausages.
After lunch there were ice cream comes with smarties and chocolate sauce. Then came the cake.
Rachel had fun posing for pictures with her mother while we all sang happy birthday. The wind decided to help her by blowing out the candle at just the right time and she decided to stick her finger into the icing to get the first sample of her cake.
After presents and cards were opened the children all started playing in the sand with some of the toys.
Rachel's cousins went for a swim with their Aunty Vera and Rachel's Gran. They had a wonderful time. I'm sure they were worn out after their afternoon of activates. I know my Mum and Vera were.

1 comment:

Lynese Morris said...

I love the way you have used the colours in the pictus. ou are sotalent. well done my\g\i\r\l\
\
. sorry but rachel added her bits here